We emulate PUT and DELETE over POST because most browsers didn't support
other methods than GET or POST.

But now, it seems like all of officially supported browsers do. Here is the
list of all HTTP methods:

GET, POST, HEAD, PUT, DELETE, PROPFIND, PROPPATCH, MKCOL, COPY, MOVE, LOCK,
UNLOCK, VERSION-CONTROL, REPORT, CHECKOUT, CHECKIN, UNCHECKOUT, MKWORKSPACE,
UPDATE, LABEL, MERGE, BASELINE-CONTROL, MKACTIVITY, ORDERPATCH, ACL

Firefox, IE 6 and Safari 3 support all of them. Opera 9.2 supports the five
most important ones: GET, POST, HEAD, PUT and DELETE.

This would go well with the "isSupportedBrowser" flag we once discussed
about setting on the "Prototype" object; we could emulate methods over POST
only if the "isSupportedBrowser" is false.

Konqueror, for instance, only supports GET and POST. If you have a browser
you'd like to test with, here is the test page:
http://www.ipo.hr:8000/test/

I'd appreciate of someone tested in Safari 2, because that's the only
officially supported browser that I haven't tested with.

- Mislav