i'm from cartagena Colombia(south america) ....

i'm learning prototype, i have a little problem using Ajax.Updater. i
have this code in html page :

<head>
<script src="prototype.js" language="javascript" type="text/
javascript"> </script>
<title>ajax Updater</title>
function ajax(){
alert('hola');
new Ajax.Updater("contenido", "carga.html", {method:
'post',onFailure :
                function(resp) {
                                 alert("Oops, there's been an error.");
                                                }
                                });

}
</script>

</head>
<h1 align="center">ajax</h1>
<input name="ajax" type="submit"  value="ajax" onclick="ajax();" />