I have an Ajax.Request call

new Ajax.Request(getURL()+'/context/className.finder', {
          method:'post',
          parameters: 'session=htc&tra='+tra+'&curPg='+$('curPg').getValue()+
                            '&tabType='+$('tabType').getValue()+
                            '&fiditcd='+$('fiditcd').getValue()
+'&itcdqs='+itcdqs,
          requestHeaders: {Accept: 'application/json'},
          evalJSON: 'force',
          onSuccess: function(transport){
            var json = transport.responseJSON;
                if (json != null) {
                        if (json.error == undefined) {
                                $('main').hide();
                                $('listTable').hide();
                                $('add').show();

                                var table = FinderTable.buildTable(json);
                                $('finderResults').update();
                                $('finderResults').insert(table);
                        } else {
                                buildErrorScreen(json);
                        }
                }
                $('loaderGif').hide();
                $('copygen').hide();
          }
        });

When hitting this Ajax call over an over again, using IE in a fast
unusual manner, Weblogic 9.2 will through the following Exception:

 <Error> <Socket> <BEA-000403> <IOException occurred on socket:
 java.net.SocketException: Connection refused.
java.net.SocketException: Connection refused
        at
weblogic.socket.SocketMuxer.readReadySocketOnce(SocketMuxer.java:826)
        at
weblogic.socket.SocketMuxer.readReadySocket(SocketMuxer.java:802)
        at
weblogic.socket.DevPollSocketMuxer.processSockets(DevPollSocketMuxer.java:
120)
        Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this?  The application
sees no ill affect but our log files are getting filled up.

This is my first time working with Prototype and I like how the Ajax
calls are easier to do.  In my previous work with XMLHTTPRequest I
never had this issue.

Is there a way to handle a socket connections to open to only one port
and stay connected?  Or should a new port be opened on every
connection?  Any help would be appreciated thanks.