Thanks Ryan.

It's true, I love the feel of Prototype's OO model.
I did some research and foudn in Ext's FAQ the following :

/"Up until version 1.0.1a, Ext required one of the following base
libraries to be included: YUI, jQuery or Prototype/Script.aculo.us. Ext
contains adapters that provide some of the basic plumbing utilities from
those libraries, including Ajax support, animation, DOM manipulation,
event handling, etc. Beginning with version 1.1, Ext includes a native
Ext adapter, so the external libraries are no longer required(...)At the
present time, Prototype/Scriptaculous support should still be considered
experimental as there are several known bugs and unsupported functions
that can cause problems with Ext."/

Regarding your statement "/My biggest message to you would be that they
are _not_ mutually exclusive, and in fact work very well together/",
looks like things are changing...

Franck PORCHER
www / smartech / pf