This function accepts a second argument, to use as an offset. I have
found this useful feature just out of trial and error :) And then
checked it from the source as well. It's undocumented, at least in the
official documentation. It lovely proved very useful for me like a
surprise gift, thank you very much again, Prototype developers!

Example:

var ar = [1,2,3,4,5,1];
ar.indexOf(1, 3);
// --> 5 (the first occurrence of 1 after the position 3)