Hi all,
I was reading in some LightHouse comments about the new swap method on
elements and was wondering if the following is interesting for that
matter. I had it written this way in my simple code:

// nodes to swap (t)arget node, (s)econdary node
swapNodes:
    function(t, s) {
        var n = t.nextSibling, p = t.parentNode;
        s.parentNode.replaceChild(t, s);
        p.insertBefore(s, n);
    }

so I transformed that in to the suggested prototype syntax (kangax):

Element.addMethods({
  swapWith: function(element, other) {
    element = $(element);
    other = $(other);
    if (element !== other) {
      var node = element.nextSibling, parent = element.parentNode;
      other.parentNode.replaceChild(element, other);
      parent.insertBefore(other, node);
    }
    return element;
  }
});

Haven't done any test on this, but the above simpler syntax works well
for me.

--
Diego Perini