There is no official compressed version.

I use jsmin. (jsmin.org)  Other tools work too.

Some use "proto-packed" http://groups.google.com/group/prototype-core/files
but I don't know whether it's up to date.  (You'll have to check.)

There is also the Google-hosted version.  It's not compressed, but if
your users visit other sites that also access the URL, it'll be cached.
http://code.google.com/apis/ajaxlibs/

TAG