I would be great if core team can add a minified version to the google
api, I think having both versions would be great (having a non
minified version reduced the ySlow grade btw) but if we could have
something like:

http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/prototype/1.6.0.2/min/prototype.js
(notice the /min/ before the filename...)

whiteShadow