Okay, maybe I'm doing something I'm not supposed to, but the following
code doesn't work on IE (obviously works fine in any other browser)

function () {
    var a = new Element('a', { 'href' : '#', 'onclick' : 'alert(\'It
works!\'); return false;' }).update('Click me please');
    $('test2').update(a);
}

This function is called when I click a button. It should replace
whatever is in the container test2 with a link that has a onclick
behaviour. On IE it does the replacement, but the link onclick doesn't
work (the debugger doesn't spit out any errors either).