Hello everybody,

I have spent a few hours this day to work around the missing
currentTarget property of event in IE.
I modified therefore the core lib around line 4000 (v1.6.0)

observe: function(element, eventName, handler) {
      element = $(element);
      var name = getDOMEventName(eventName);

      var wrapper = createWrapper(element, eventName, handler);
      if (!wrapper) return element;

      if (element.addEventListener) {
        element.addEventListener(name, wrapper, false);
      } else {
          // instead of:
          // element.attachEvent("on" + name, wrapper);
          element.attachEvent("on" + name, function(e){
              e.currentTarget = element;
              wrapper(e);
          });
      }

      return element;
    },

I hope some of you will find is as useful as myself...

Regards: Daniel Varga