Hi all,
I am using prototype.js for a few year.
The issue of JavaScript performance of my Web application occurs
frequently recently.
When it examined a cause, it was to have used many $ method
("document.getElementById").
I think that the performance of the $ method is improved dramatically
if prototype.js cached an HTML element beforehand.
(I can expect JavaScript performance up of several times in Web
application.)

Sample code (URL):
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/sarapapa/20090131/1233426176

prototype.js is very useful for a person of introduction to JavaScript
RIA.
I will expect development in prototype.js in future.

Regards,
Daisuke Yamanaka.