The users group you're looking for is actually  here:
http://groups.google.com/group/prototype-scriptaculous
prototype-scriptacul...@googlegroups.com

This group is for actual development of the library.

As for general debugging, what does the Javascript error say?  Most
browsers have a debugger or console of some sort. (Don't tell me, I
don't want to know. I'm saying you should include that information
when you ask for help.)

It's a shot in the dark, but if I had to guess, I would try url-
encoding your URLs, including the "space" characters.

TAG