Hi,

FWIW, I wouldn't use it and don't think it should be in core.  In this
sequence:

    foo();
    nifty.defer();
    bar();

bar() runs before nifty(), on every browser, reliably.  Your proposed
new function would do that on IE, but on (some) other browsers nifty()
would run before bar().  I wouldn't want to explain the subtle effects
of that to confused users. :-)

Again, FWIW,
--
T.J. Crowder