I'm a computer science student from Germany (equals: bad englisch ;) )
and enjoying the use of prototype for many projects. Currently I'm
using the above named functions and have written a little cross
browser layer for form Elements as there is no object in Prototype.
Why I'm posting this? Is ...

a) ...there some development on the way implementing this in
Prototype?
b) ...this to App Specific to be in the Prototype?
c) ...it a good idea to blow this up (syntax compatibility,
exploration of full functional compatibility) and submit it to the
Project?

Discuss! (I opt for c) )