Hi Bryant,

Thanks for your post.

I suspect you are mainly worried about license issues and possible
copyright infringements.

Since it's inception, five developers in total have had commit rights
to the Prototype repository, all of which are still actively
contributing to the project.

All patches are reviewed by one at least one of these five committers
before inclusion in the library. Complex/large patches are discussed
collectively before inclusion.

When patches contain copyrighted code, copyright owners are contacted
in order to obtain inclusion permission under the terms of Prototype's
MIT license.

Our reviewing process also verifies code quality and adherence to our
style guidelines (which we are in the process of formalizing).

Hope this answers your questions. If not, please don't hesitate to ask
again.

Best,

Tobie