hello

In the past I've fired AJAX call to a WCF endpoint configured to use
"webHttpBinding" as follows:

function SomeJavascriptFunc() {
var myAjax = new Ajax.Request(
url,
{
method: 'get',
contentType: 'application/json',
parameters: oParam,
onComplete: showResponse,
onFailure: function() {
alert("call failed.");
}
}
);

I digged deeper into "prototype.js", they used this to get a Ajax
object:

var Ajax = {
getTransport: function() {
return Try.these(
function() { return new XMLHttpRequest()},
function() { return new ActiveXObject('Msxml2.XMLHTTP')},
function() { return new ActiveXObject('Microsoft.XMLHTTP')}
) || false;
},

That's vanilla AJAX - now, my question is, with WCF endpoint
configured "webHttpBinding" - do we *need* to set request content type
to "application/json"? From doc,

* application/ecmascript
* application/javascript
* application/x-ecmascript
* application/x-javascript
* text/ecmascript
* text/javascript
* text/x-ecmascript
* text/x-javascript

Say if I change my WCF endpoint to wsHttpBinding, should I change my
content type accordingly?

Thanks

REF:
http://www.prototypejs.org/api/ajax/request