Hi Richard,

> Ah. It requires nmake, so I assume this requires MS VC++? (I say that
> cause I have a machine I can build PHP on and that uses nmake).

Don't even go down that road. :-)  I did, and it was just a waste of
time.  Doesn't build with VC++.

We (Tobie & I) pinged the maintainer, and although I don't know the
full content of his response, basically it was enough to make Tobie
decide to use something else -- maruku, I suspect, which installs nice
and cleanly.
--
T.J. Crowder
tj / crowder software / com