I, for one, found the units used by Function#delay (for example) to be
very surprising when I first saw them, and I have to stop and think
every time I use Function#delay.  The usual unit for that sort of
thing in every language I've worked in other than BASIC is
milliseconds.

That said, I don't see changing them barring a wholescale Prototype
API rewrite.

-- T.J.