On 19.10.2009, at 11:24, Joran Greef wrote:

> Thanks Tobie.
>
> Re: "...the unit of time measurement in Ruby is seconds, which
> explains the reason".
> Can we optimize for those familiar with Javascript? Is there any time-
> related API in Javascript which uses seconds?

Well, programmers versed in more than one language can tell you that
in general time APIs are in seconds, because second is canonical
measure unit of time. Javascript is exception, and not in a good way.
No need to follow bad examples...
> Re: "backwards compatibility".
> A semantically correct API may be better than a backwards compatible
> API.

Semantically correct API for time has units in seconds, because second
is canonical unit for time, not 10e-3 seconds....

izidor