> My coworkers still find old docs (http://prototypejs.org/api) by googling. I
> had to point them to new doc site. I think it's crucial to set up 301
> redirects.

*ONLY* if all of the old information has now been ported over. Looking
at the documentation Lighthouse project[1], it looks like all of the
old "merge/update" tickets have been closed (yay!), which may mean
exactly that, someone from the docs team can presumably confirm that.

Once we're ready, 301s that live in those locations for a long, long
time are indeed appropriate. Or if 301s are hard in Mephisto,
replacing each of the API documentation articles with a link to the
new one.

[1]
https://prototype.lighthouseapp.com/projects/42103-prototype-documentation/overview

-- T.J.