I'm going to agree with others, and say a) this is not a bug, and b) isn't
worth making the change. The observer pattern (on which the event architecture
is based), by design, does not guarantee order; nor should it, as it would
imply the observers are not orthogonal.

If you have order dependencies, can I suggest reworking your code? One
workaround Javascript provides is the ability to pass, assign, and wrap
functions.  e.x.:

var A = function() {alert('A');}
var A2 = A;
A = function() {alert('New A'); A2();}
A();  // Alerts "New A", then alerts "A"

See also, Function#wrap in Prototype. [
http://api.prototypejs.org/language/function/prototype/wrap/ ]

If you choose that route, further questions on that feature should be sent to
the users' group.

TAG