I'm having a bit of a problem with measuring the width of a hidden
(with display: none) element, that has the 'body' as its parent. I
don't have a set width for this element (which is a div), but the
browsers do calculate a finite width for it, which is much smaller
than the size of the page body. However, with the layout changes,
since there is no predefined width, prototype will not use the
computed width, but will take the parent's width, which just happens
to be the width of the entire page.

will there be any plans for fixing this? otherwise I can always use
the old code for this special case.