My message was somehow truncated yesterday, and the "patch" line
format is mistaken for a "usenet quote" format. Sorry about that.

Element#fire takes an object argument as memo. If the argument is
missing, an empty object is used instead. The problematic case is when
the argument is neither undefined nor an object : a primitive string
or number. In these cases, Element#fire silently discards the provided
argument and uses an empty object. I think this is bad design and
should be corrected.

Thanks for your time.