Since an autocompleter is just an object, then you can just store it
in a variable.
So when the checkbox is unchecked, you can just set the variable to
null and when it's checked again call the code to recreate the
checkbox over. This would be my basic approach but you'd have a few
issues with things like making sure listeners aren't added twice etc.
Best bet to have a look at the source and see how it runs.