Hi,

As far as I'm aware the order in which event handlers are triggered is
implementation-dependent (and I don't think IE is quite as reliable as
it seems, it's not always last-in-first-fired).  The only way you can
be sure of the order is to register only a single handler and have
that handler trigger other handlers in a known order (which is easy
enough).  Event.observe doesn't do that, it relies on the underlying
event implementation of the browser.

A little Googling on, say, "addEventListener order" or "attachEvent
order" (both without the quotes) will bring you lots of info about
event order peculiarities.

FWIW,