On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 03:23:34PM -0700, lfortin wrote:

> On Sep 27, 5:45 am, buda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > jQuery is for simple manipulations for beginner or for the simple
> > projects which doesnt require class inheritence manipulations, work
> > with enumarations, events and etc which is a core of Prototype.js
> >
> > Prototype.js is very useful and well thought-out library for advanced
> > programmers and complicated projects!
>
> I totally agree with that.
>
> If you are a web designer or developer with little or no knowledge of
> JavaScript, jQuery does a good job.
>
> But, in my opinion, if you are doing more complex front-end
> development and complete web applications with lots of OOP, Prototype
> is simply the BEST JavaScript framework!

And yet, this is a problem. Prototype should strive to be as good as jQuery
in terms of convenience for non-programmers. It isn't even difficult. A
good part of the simplicity of jQuery comes from the $() function returning
a "set" object that has a number of convenience methods for attaching event
handlers, hiding and showing, etc. to all of the returned elements. I
suspect that it would take very little to implement the same methods and
attach them to the array returned by Prototype's $$() function. I'm going
to work on it today.

> A big thanks to the core Prototype team for your work!
>
> -Laurent
--Greg