Hi,

There are several problems with that markup.  1. You use double quotes
in your JavaScript alert when the attribute is wrapped in double
quotes.  2. You don't have a closing double quote on something (hard
to say what, given #1).  3. <a> is not a valid child of <tr>.  That's
off the top of my head, there may be other problems.

The W3C validator may be useful:
http://validator.w3.org/

I don't understand the requirement as stated well enough to suggest
something else.

FWIW,