How would I do this?

                new Ajax.Request(element.href, {
                        method: 'get',
                        asynchronous: false,
                        onSuccess: function(transport) {
                                $('lbContent').update(transport.responseText);
                                //display the lightbox
                                alert('success!\n');
                                this.showLightbox;
                        },
                        onException: function (e) {
                                alert('Exception');
                        },
                        onCreate: function (e) {
                                alert('Created');
                        },
                        evalJS: true,
                        onFailure: function (e) {
                                alert('ERROR');

the idea is that I want to trigger the function "showLightbox" inside
my object. but it is not triggered, and I don't get any errors saying
it doesn't exist.

Live demo at
lightbox.wizzdev.dk