I have a simple html document:

    "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd";>
<head>

    <title>Ajax.Updater</title>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="[absolute path to prototype.js
1.6]"></script>
</head>
    new Ajax.Updater('sandbox', '[absolute path to my ruby cgi
script]');
  </script></div>

When I have this html file on the server that is hosting the ruby cgi
script it works exactly as it's supposed to (content is dumped to the
sandbox). However, when I have the html file to another server the
sandbox remains empty.

What am I missing? Is Ajax.Updater limited to the same host? I doesn't
seem to be a firewall issue as I can access the script directly no
problem.  An SELinux thing maybe? I'm allowing apache to run scripts
though in SELinux, is there something else I need to enable?

Any ideas as to what I need to do?

Thanks,
Dave