In script.aculo.us v1.8.1 I'm getting a javascript NaN triggered error
in IE6 in the slider.js (Line 143).  Tracking it down with the basic
debugger,  I've discovered that offsetX and offsetY values are both
NaN when the draw function is called.

Sounds a lot like this bug: http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/3020

I haven't studied this all the way through,  and opted to extend the
normalizing function, getNearestValue to convert a NaN to a number.

Basically I've got this as a workaround at line 105:

  getNearestValue: function(value){
+   if (isNaN(value)) {
+       value = 0;
+   }
    if (this.allowedValues){
      if (value >= this.allowedValues.max())
return(this.allowedValues.max());
      if (value <= this.allowedValues.min())
return(this.allowedValues.min());

It seems to me that it makes sense to do this, but it also makes it
harder to locate the real bugs when they come up.  I'm just posting
this so that someone a little more familiar with this project might
take a look.

Thanks,
Jim