I built some stuff, i wouldn't consider it a very robust datagrid
control but I did develop two classes to deal with some basic datagrid
stuff.

GridBase is an abstract class that propagates events like rowover/
cellover stuff like that for handling highlights.
http://positionabsolute.net/blog/2007/09/javascript-gridbase.php

GridBuild is a concrete class that extends GridBase and allows for
easy data injection either through XML or a json object/matrix.
http://positionabsolute.net/blog/2007/09/javascript-gridbuild.php