Hi,

> I tried to remove it and add it later, but it won't work in IE 6...

You can definitely add and remove select box options in IE6.  There's
something about the way you're doing it that's browser-sensitive.

If you search...

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=javascript+adding+options+select

...the first couple of links show adding/removing options, and both (I
just checked) work fine in IE6:
http://javascript.internet.com/forms/adding-options.html
http://www.mredkj.com/tutorials/tutorial005.html

(I can't speak to the quality of either example, I didn't look
closely; I'm just saying they were functional.)

HTH,