Hello,

I'm using protoype.js in a rails application. The application works
fine on Safari, FireFox (both windows and mac), however, when I load
my app in IE6, I get an "Error: Object doesn't support this property
or method" pop up.

When I choose to debug that in the script debugger, I see that the
error is on the line which says element.fireEvent(event.eventType,
event); which seems to be in a method with a fire: symbol at the
beginning. (I'm not a javascript guru, I don't recognize that syntax)

I've tried getting 1.6.0.3 from the web site, and also tried getting
the latest from github, and building it and deploying that. Still the
problem persists.

Does anyone have any idea of how to handle this?

Thanks,
John Schank