Okay, I get it. BTW, just to hand something back in return:

$('some-element').blindUp({duration:0.5);
// wait for the blind up to complete before replacing the content
Element.update.delay(0.5, 'some-element', '<p>my new content</p>');
// wait for the blind up to complete, then wait a 10th of a second
longer
Element.blindDown.delay(0.6, 'some-element', {duration:0.5});

could become...

$('some-element').blindUp({
        duration:0.5,
        afterFinish: function(obj){
                obj.element.update('<p>My new content</p>').blindDown({
                        duration:0.5

Walter