Hi Baglan,

I'm already doing that. However, in the server I must convert from one
charset to another programmaticaly.

The problem seems to be the use of "encodeURIComponent" function by
prototype:

Mozilla Developer Core Javascript
Guide<http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Core_JavaScript_1.5_Reference:Global_Functions:encodeURIComponent>wrote:

> encodeURIComponent

Encodes a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) by replacing each instance of
> certain characters by one, two, or three escape sequences representing the
> UTF-8 encoding of the character.

Replacing all occurences of "encodeURIComponent" function by "escape"
function solved the problem. The question is whether using "escape" is worth
for that.

Guide<https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Core_JavaScript_1.5_Guide:Predefined_Functions:escape_and_unescape_Functions>wrote:

> escape and unescape

The escape and unescape functions let you encode and decode strings. The
> escape function returns the hexadecimal encoding of an argument in the ISO
> Latin character set. The unescape function returns the
> ASCII<http://xkr.us/articles/javascript/encode-compare/#ref-ascii>

string for the specified hexadecimal encoding value.

The article on http://xkr.us/articles/javascript/encode-compare/#ref-js-nsshows
the differences between some functions to encode strings.

Is there any chance to enhance prototype to use the correct function based
on an "encoding" parameter?

Thanks a lot. (sorry my bad english) :D