Hi,

Caveat: I've never used Sortable, but as no one's jumped in yet...

If you think about what Sortable is doing, you figure it has to hook
into various events on the items being sorted.  In fact, the
description in the documentation[1] says it's "a quick way to
*initialize* many Draggable elements in a container element" (my
emphasis).  So I would hazard a guess that you have to re-init if you
update the contents of the container.  E.g., just call Storable.create
again (as that will -- again according to the docs-- implicitly call
Sortable.destroy if the container is already a Sortable).

But it's a guess.

[1] http://github.com/madrobby/scriptaculous/wikis/sortable

FWIW,
--