Hi,

I'm new to JSON and prototype so you may need to dumb it down a bit
for me.  I am using the JSON for ASP code to return a recordset in
JSON format. It is only returning one record, which is correct for the
query I am running, but the JSON for ASP class is putting the [ ] at
each end of the data resulting in an array of data with 1 member.

How can I pass this via evalJSON in prototype.  I want to retrieve the
values of the JSON data and fill some form fields but can't figure out
how to access the array. That is: data as follows
[ {"name":"John","surname":"Smith"}]

how do I access the name and the surname?

var arrpeople = transport.responseText.evalJSON(true);
alert(arrpeople.name);            //this line doesn't fail but It
returns 'Undefined'

Firebug shows the evalJSON has worked because I can drill down into
arrpeople... 0... name and it shows John.  What is the correct syntax
to show arrpeople(0).name ?

Thanks