On Nov 17, 4:13 am, "Mona Remlawi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[...]
> I'm wondering if this is a good practice. Are there any insights that
> i should be aware of? Are the private methods/functions being
> duplicated for each of myclass instance?

If what you need is to create private static ("class") members, then
yes, this is one of the most straight-forward ways to do so. Private
functions are not being duplicated; they are declared only once. When
an instance is created, public instance methods are still "shared" via
prototype chain, but also have an access to private functions (as they
were declared in the same scope).

--
kangax