I have 3 sortables in a user control and would like to perform one
single update when an item is dragged from one column to another.
However, if I add the function onUpdate to each of my sortables, the
event fires twice (once for each sortable).  I can't add it to just
one sortable, because there are 3 sortables.

Is there a way I can get the onUpdate function to fire only once per
drag/drop set?  Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.