A lot of JS is being executed,  listening to scroll is like listening
to mousemove, the event fires often.  Scrolling up and down your page
might fire off more than 100 scroll events, in combination with this,
you're executing an effect each time the event is fired, furthermore
the Effect execution doesn't use a queue, I think this is where you
problem lies.

Try using a setTimeout call to delay effect execution until scrolling
has finished.

Try using a {  queue : "end", ... } parameter to your options argument
for your Effect.

--

http://positionabsolute.net