Hi everyone.

I'm a new developer with Prototype and Scriptaculous and hope someone
can help me. I have a page that uses XSLT to render up an XML file - I
then use Prototype to manipulate the XSLT-delivered page. I have some
functionality that works in  FF/Mozilla-based browsers and Safari, but
that I just cannot get to work in IE6 or IE7.

http://www.dix6.fsnet.co.uk/bibi/v9/stores.xml presents a page with a
dropdown list and a text entry field. Essentially this page filters a
bunch of retail store locations, either by region (via the dropdown)
or by postcode (via the text entry field). Postcode filtering seems to
work OK in all browsers, but region-selection doesn't work in IE and I
can't figure out why (IE always reveals the entire bunch of stores,
not just those specific to the selected region).

I'm suspicious that the DOM structure created by the XSLT in IE is
broken, so that Prototype functions built to operate on arrays of
elements in the DOM do not work; I try to build a collection of stores
to be revealed when a change event occurs on the dropdown, but it just
isn't happening in IE; whenever I insert alert() statements to
illuminate what's actually happening, IE tells me that the list of
stores it is trying to reveal has zero length (I think the alerting
around this, even in FF/Mozilla, is a bit buggy as it always returns
"number of stores in selected region = 66", which is actually the
complete number of stores across ALL regions). I suppose it could be a
problem with the way I've structured my XML and XSLT... but it's
relatively straightforward on that score.

I'm becming increasingly frustrated at my inability to solve this
puzzle, so I wonder if anyone out there can offer any advice? All of
the source code is available at http://www.dix6.fsnet.co.uk/bibi/v9/
if anyone wishes to take a look. I wonder if anyone has experienced
anything similar?

Thanks!