Hi,
I've got an odd problem which affects IE7 all the time and FF3 50% of
the time.

I have two functions in the head of my document one of which uses an
AJAX.Updater call and one of which uses an AJAx.Request call
The first function uses the AJAX.Updater to update a single div within
my page.

The update adds additional nested div's into the existing div (amongst
doing some other things)

the second function uses the AJAx.Request, takes the response, does a
bit of work and the pushs the final data into one of those nested divs
(into an unordered list within that div) from the previous function

All works well when both functions are called seperately (This is
normal as I do have a need to call each function seperately for some
user actions)

However I have one user action where I need to do both together..
I therefore created a third function which simply runs the first
function followed by the second...

Obviously as AJAX is not asynchronus, I had a fair idea it would fail
as the second function may be firing before the first function had
actually completed..

To combat this I have tried various methods to get it work however all
have failed..

I've tried making the first function asynchronous, I've tried taking
the workings of both functions and putting them into the third
function directly and it still fails.

It appears that the first function fires and whilst it is loading the
nested divs, the second function has already fired and done it's
work.  It then tries to load it's info into the div it has been asked
to, but it can't see it....

Has anyone any ideas how I can go about getting this working correctly?