Hi everyone,

This is my first real project working with Prototype and I am sure
that I am doing something silly but any help/advice/feedback would be
greatly appreciated.

Here is what I am trying to accomplish. When a user clicks on a link
on my website, I would like it to display a notification message
saying that it is loading the data while it retrieves it from the
database and then displays it. Pretty standard. The code that I have
implemented it with works about 95% of the time.

The rest of the time, it displays the loading message, then displays
the data from the database and then immediately shows the loading
message again and that stays up forever. This is all with one click.

My code is as follows:

function loadTab (div, tab) {
        new Ajax.Updater( div, '<?= base_url() ?>updater/loading_data',
{ method: 'get' } );

        new Ajax.Updater( div, tab, { method: 'get', frequency: 1 } );
}

Again any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Brian