Thanks Alex.  Where would I add event.stop?  I have onclick="blah();
return false;" in the link element so that href is not followed.
However, the problem only exists when I drag from a link, and the
problem also only exists when I have content iframed in.

I found a post that talks about how iframes can screw up events in IE7
so that is where I am now.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.inetexplorer.scripting&tid=fbd55f3a-e908-4a08-a932-e741f99ab752&cat=&lang=&cr=&sloc=&p=1