Hello,

I'm pretty sure Prototype has a bug in adding methods to an Event.

My code is:

var MoreEventMethods = {
    absoluteOffsets : function (event) {
        var offset = this.pointer();
        var scroll = document.viewport.getScrollOffsets();
        return {
            left : offset.x + scroll.left,
            top : offset.y + scroll.top
        };
    },
    absoluteX : function (event) {
        var scroll = document.viewport.getScrollOffsets();
        return event.pointerX() + scroll.left;
    },
    absoluteY : function (event) {
        var scroll = document.viewport.getScrollOffsets();
        return event.pointerY() + scroll.top;
    }
};

if (Prototype.Browser.IE) {
    Object.extend(Event, MoreEventMethods);
} else {
    Object.extend(Event.prototype, MoreEventMethods);
}

This is not in an "onload" window event handler, but I try to put it
there and it does not work too.

I think it is quite a bug because I have to check for
Prototype.Browser.IE variable.
If prototype supports IE and other browsers, in a very beautiful world
I have never to do that check in my code :))

Futhermore would you please plan a method Event.addMethods ?
Or at least give me some hints so I can develop it for the community ?
(but I don't know if in this moment my javascript knowledge is enough)

Thank you very much for all your work
Listening for an answer...
fero