Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could lend a hand with the fabulous
Ajax.InPlaceEditor script!

My question is this: Is there a way to generate an ID on the fly that
would make the id unique?

Because I have a one-to-many situation with my database, there are
times when I'm displaying multiple records, which would result in
duplicate item ID's and confuse the script.

For example, One Author could have many book titles...but I don't know
how many books the author has written until I query the database....so
I would need to create the id's on the fly.

I can make the div dynamic with php <div id='title_<?php echo '$id'?
>'>edit me</div>
but is there a way to pass this same id to the new Ajax.InPlaceEditor
to make it match?

<script type="text/javascript">
 new Ajax.InPlaceEditor('editme_THIS_WOULD_BE_A_UNIQUE_RECORD_ID', '/
demoajaxreturn.html', {rows:15,cols:40});
</script>

Thanks for any help you can provide!