Because Firebug has to open its timer and log every function call, it
will appear that 30% of your execution time is emptyFunction. However,
it is actually Firebug trying to log something and taking longer than
the function itself.

You will find that disabling Firebug will make your app run much
faster, just because it isn't being intercepted at every function
call.

Edd