On Jan 12, 11:04 pm, Hamamoto Noriaki <norisu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Kangax,
>
> Thank you for the reply.
> Do you think the reason of the problem I met is because of using <div/>
> instead of <div></div> ?
> is Using </div> prohibitted? Do you know why it happns?

I'm pretty sure some browsers (at least FF) parses <div /> as an
opening one in this case. You can see how html parser works in a
simple example:

var el = document.createElement('div');
el.innerHTML = '<div id="foo" /></div id="bar" />';
el.innerHTML; // "<div id="foo"></div>"
el.childNodes.length; // 1

When using "broken" markup, you're relying on a closed-source
mechanism of browser parsing, or rather the way browser parser
*corrects* invalid markup. Just use standard constructs and chances
are you won't run into such annoying anomalies.

[...]

--
kangax