I updated my Rails to the latest about a month ago and along with that
came Prototype  It turns out that I was at  When
that happened, one particular page's performance became really bad.  I
just did a profile using Firebug in Firefox and 87% of the time was
being spent in getElementsByXPath.  It was at that time that I noticed
that the Rails update had put my prototype to an older version.

So, I downloaded the latest which is and the performance is
back like it was.

I thought others might have a similar experience and just want to
mention it.

Thanks guys.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Prototype & script.aculo.us" group.
To post to this group, send email to prototype-scriptaculous@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
For more options, visit this group at 

Reply via email to