Hi Manfred,

I haven't audited the code carefully, but I see that you're appending
TR elements directly to TABLE elements.  Depending on your doctype,
that may be invalid.  The modern way is that TABLE elements contain
TBODY elements (and, optionally, THEAD elements), which in turn
contain TRs.  Most browsers will tolerate it if you don't do that with
literal HTML (they insert the TBODY for you when parsing), but perhaps
IE isn't doing that when you go straight to the DOM and build things
up yourself.  Easy enough to try it and see if that's what's wrong.

BTW, FWIW, if this is a really big table, you _may_ find that you get
better performance building up an HTML string and then letting the
browser interpret the string (you can put a div where you want the
table to be, then use Element#update on the div and pass in the
string).  Browsers are really optimized around parsing HTML and
building up the necessary internal structures, whereas their DOM
access methods can be markedly slower.  Depends on the browser and
version.  And again, if the table is small, it doesn't matter.

HTH,